Attention high school juniors!
Every year La Plata Electric Association has the privilege of sending students to Washington D. C. on the National Rural Electric Youth Tour. This is a seven-day adventure that offers in-depth exposure into the electric cooperative industry while experiencing much that the nation's capitol has to offer.
Some of the locations visited in previous years have been:
Cruise the Potomac River
For more information, visit www.youthtour.coop
Please take the time to fill out an application, remembering to address all questions and provide all needed information.
1. The Youth Tour Contest is open to high school (public, private or homeschool) juniors in La Plata, Archuleta, Hinsdale, Mineral
and San Juan counties. (The children, grandchildren, brothers or sisters of La Plata Electric Association, Inc. employees or directors
are eligible to participate in the Youth Tour Contest.)
2. Youth Tour Contest entries must include a completed official Youth Tour Contest application (provided inside back cover) and a
composition (500-1,000 words) titled: "My Favorite Cooperative Principle." (Select one or more of the seven cooperative principles
and explain how La Plata Electric Association, Inc. is using them to make a positive impact in your local community.)
3. Compositions must be formatted and typed using size 12 Arial or Times New Roman font. Double-spaced on one side of each page.
4. Youth Tour Contest deadline is Monday, January 8, 2018. All entries must be received by before 4:30 p.m.
5. You may deliver them to a La Plata Electric Association, Inc. office:
6. Mail contest entries to: La Plata Electric Association, Inc., 2018 Youth Tour Contest, P.O. Box 2750, Durango, CO 81302
Visit La Plata Electric Association's official Youth Tour website to get a detailed look at Tate Hinger, Collin Jackson, Isaac Jordan, Jesse Laverty and Sloan Mazur's Youth Tour experience in Washington, D.C. The website is your link to everything Youth Tour!
La Plata Electric Association Youth Tour Website