La Plata Electric Association, Inc. (LPEA) and its power supplier Tri-State Generation and Transmission will pay credits to their members for installing electric water heaters, electric heating systems and/or energy efficient motors and commercial energy efficiency lighting upgrades. All credit must be requested with 120 days of installation. Contact LPEA in Durango at (970) 382-3506 or Pagosa Springs at (970) 382-7722 for more information.
- $9/hp for Premium Energy Efficiency Motors
- $1.50/hp for wiring assistance if replacing a fossil-fueled engine, or is a new installation.
Program Requirements for Eligible Credits:
- Limited to irrigation motors
- Minimum 10 horsepower motor
- Must operate at a minimum of 15% load factor for a minimum of 3 months each year
- Installations must be in LPEA’s service area.
- Customer must provide LPEA with proof of purchase.
- LPEA reserves the right to inspect installations.