As part of the La Plata Electric Association, Inc. (LPEA) Board of Director’s commitment to renewable energy, LPEA’s Net Metering Program allows owners of on-site renewable generation systems access to interconnect feeding power into the electric grid and spin their meters backwards.
LPEA offers an optional Renewable Energy Credit (REC) contract and REC payment (per Policy 359) for residential or commercial, grid-tied installations located within LPEA’s service territory.
LPEA allows the meter to spin backwards up to the point where a member’s monthly generation offsets all their monthly usage. The excess generation is carried over for a twelve-month period ending in April. In April of each year, the member is credited at LPEA’s average wholesale cost. The net metering program may eliminate the need for members to integrate costly batteries into their system; it values member generation at a fair rate and helps to ensure a safe installation.
On-Site Net Metering Details:
- One meter allowed to “spin backwards.”
- Member’s generation must be intended to offset part or all their electrical energy needs at that location.
- Electric grid is used to store net excess generation for the member to utilize each month.
- Each year in April, the net excess generation banked at that time, will be reconciled, valued at average wholesale cost and paid to the member generator.
- An LPEA engineer review and approval is required for interconnection (per Tariff NM14). Net Metered and Interconnected Review Challenges
- Available to commercial and residential members.
Renewable Generation Forms
- Interconnection/Net Meter/REC Optional Agreement Process and Checklist (PDF File)
- Application for Interconnection (PDF File)
- Certificate of Completion (PDF File)
- REC Contract for Systems 10 kW or Smaller (PDF File)
- REC Contract for Systems Greater than 10 kW (PDF File)
- IRS W-9 (PDF File)
- Billing Data Authorization Release Form (PDF File)
Renewable Generation Policies
For more information contact Amanda Miles at (970) 382-3504 or email@example.com.
Option for electronic submission of Interconnection Application, send to firstname.lastname@example.org.