LPEA members have multiple payment programs to help make paying your bill easy and convenient.
Budget billing helps you avoid seasonal highs and lows with an even monthly payment.
To be eligible for this free program you must:
- have had an account in your name for at least one year at the same service address
- have an acceptable credit history
- have a residential account (commercial accounts are not eligible)
- enroll in the program in March or April of each year
Budget billing amounts are calculated in May based on your average utility bill across 12 months of use. Any bill credits, or amounts remaining at the end of each year, must be settled before restarting the program for another year.
If your use patterns dramatically increase or decrease during the billing year, please contact us to recalculate your monthly average (970) 247-5786.
Do you have more than one LPEA service account? If so, get rid of those extra billing statements and have all your charges billed on one detailed invoice. You can then pay your bills in one easy payment. Call us to see if you qualify for this service (970) 247-5786.
PrePay accounts allow you to pay upfront for your electricity use and avoid monthly bills. Text and/or email notifications will alert you when your balance is low and needs to be recharged.
To qualify for a PrePay account, LPEA members must:
- have an automated meter installed on their service
- get verbal consent from the landlord before establishing prepay for the tenant (if a standing order exists on the account)
- pay a $25.00 to $65.00 non-refundable start-up fee
Should a PrePay account go into a negative balance, no extra fees are required to reinstate power. Power will turn off automatically when the account goes into a negative balance and will turn on again when the account has a balance of more than $5.01.