La Plata Electric Association, Inc. provides its members safe, reliable electricity at the lowest reasonable cost while being environmentally responsible.
Shaping the future by building trustworthy community partnerships as an innovative, forward-thinking industry leader, delivering excellence in our member-owned cooperative.
LPEA Strategic Goal
LPEA will strive to reduce its carbon footprint by 50% from 2018 levels by year 2030 while keeping members' cost of electricity lower than 70% of our Colorado Cooperative peers.
LPEA Board Commitment
As we look towards the future of the co-op, the Board commits to actively honoring our mission to provide safe, reliable, environmentally responsible power while achieving the lowest reasonable cost to our members. In doing so, we will explore and carefully vet a holistic suite of options to increase LPEA’s value to the membership. We will pursue our mission with transparency, community engagement, acknowledgement of risk, trust of our members by performing our fiduciary responsibility.
- Member Engagement: LPEA will effectively serving our membership. In this, we seek to deepen and broaden our understanding of the membership and their desires for the coop as we move forward. Further, we seek to ensure our membership is educated about LPEA, including an accurate portrayal of our challenges and successes. Finally, we seek to demonstrate the unique value LPEA provides to the community through execution of our cooperative model.
- Leadership and Organizational Development: LPEA will foster exceptional and visionary leadership within the senior leadership, cultivate an effective working culture, and ensure that LPEA staff & leadership have the resources, training and positions needed to meet and excel within the changing context of the industry.
- Local Economic Development: LPEA will seek out opportunities aligned with our mission that promote strategic, local economic development.
- Distribution Utility of the Future: LPEA will prepare for and optimize shifts coming in grid design, electrification and technology availability in a way that strengthens LPEA’s viability and relevance, maintain reliability, and advances our financial viability. This also includes adopting a business model aligned to shifting electric loads and cost structures.
- Power Supply & Delivery: LPEA will generate a comprehensive strategy for supplying energy and capacity delivered in a way that maintains the highest possible value and reliability to LPEA’s membership.
- Operational Excellence: LPEA will strive for operational excellence in all areas of daily operations and cooperative business.