Interconnection Process & Checklist for Installers
Step 1: Submit an Interconnection Application
Required documents for application submittal:
- Customer Agreement
- One Line Diagram of RG System
- Accessible AC disconnect
- Production meter socket if AC capacity is greater than 50 kW
- Site Plan of RG System
- Load Data Sheet for New Construction
* The member must have an account number prior to submitting an application.
Step 2: LPEA Engineering Review (2-4 weeks)
LPEA Renewables and Engineering teams review Interconnection Application for completeness and for compliance with requirements.
- Interconnection request approved
- Certain requirements must be completed prior to obtaining approval for interconnection.
Note: LPEA Engineering approval valid for 12 months. Projects must be placed in service wtihin 12 months or a new application will be required.
Step 3: Installation Process
- Construction of system
- State Electrical Inspection
Step 4: Submit Completion Documents
**IMPORTANT: Systems may NOT be energized until final completion documents are received and LPEA grants permission to operate.
Email the below documents to email@example.com:
- Certificate of Completion
- Approved State Electrical Inspection Final Report
- Proof of LPEA’s Required Inverter Settings
Step 5: LPEA Final Inspection
LPEA performs Final Inspection within two weeks of receiving final completion documents from step four.
- Installers may be required to be present at final inspection
- Certificate of Completion will be issued upon LPEA approval