Heat Pump Water Heater Rebates - RESIDENTIAL + COMMERCIAL
LPEA offers rebates for water heaters while funding lasts, which can save you up to $500 a year in fuel costs compared to propane. LPEA recommends that customers request a walk-through energy assessment on homes where electricity is the primary water heating system.
Rebates vary based on the type of unit as follows:
- $700 for a heat pump water heater.
- $50 for an electric-resistance water heater (Only if switching from propane/gas, or if managed through a WiFi enabled smart device or timer on Time-of-Use rates).
- Timers are also eligible for a separate rebate.
On-demand water heaters do not qualify for our rebate programs.
- Complete the form below. You will need to upload:
- Proof of purchase and info/spec sheets for units installed.
- IRS W-9 IRS W-9 form completed by the member/rebate recipient. A W9 is kept on file by LPEA as proof of allocation of funds. Any tax liability is the responsibility of the rebate recipient.
- Submit applications within 90 days of installation.
- Installations must take place in LPEA’s service territory.
- Heat Pump Water Heaters must have a minimum 30-gallon capacity.
- Heat Pump Water Heaters must be Energy Star rated.
- Rebates available while funds last.
- LPEA reserves the right to inspect installations.
Applications typically take 8-10 weeks to process. Heat pump water heater rebates are remitted as a check. Standard electric water heater rebates are remitted as a bill credit.
Having trouble submitting your rebate? E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.