We understand life can be unpredictable. That's why we do our best to work with you and your situation. We have programs that may help you with your past-due bill. Our policies on late payments are outlined below.
An LPEA bill is considered past due when not paid by the date printed on the bill. If payment is not received three days prior to the next billing date, a reminder/disconnect notice is mailed out for the first two occurrences in a one-year period.
Should a third notice be required, a disconnect notice will be sent and a late fee will be levied for either $4.00 or 1.75% of the past due balance, whichever is greater.
If payment is not received by the due date on the disconnect notice, the service will be terminated. Additional charges are required to restore service after it has been disconnected.
If you are having trouble paying your bill, please call us at (970) 247-5786. We can evaluate your situation and suggest payment plans, budget billing options, or rate changes. We can also refer you to local agencies with funds available for utility bill assistance.
- Southwest Colorado Disaster Assistance: swcoda.org
- Pine River Shares: pinerivershares.org and (970) 884-6040
- Housing Solutions of the Southwest: swhousingsolutions.com and (970) 259-1086
- Durango/Bayfield Family Center: lpfcc.org and (970) 385-4747
- Colorado Department of Human Services Low Income Energy Assist: colorado.gov/pacific/cdhs/leap and (866) 432-8435
- Discovery Goodwill: LEAPHELP@discovermygoodwill.org and (719) 635-4483 (available November-April and will only cover your main source of heat)
- Aid to All: aidtoall.org
- Southern Ute Tribal Assistance: (970) 563-4718