Residential LED Light Bulb Rebate
LED bulbs last longer, provide big cost savings, and emit much less heat than other types of bulbs. Here are 16 reasons you should switch to LEDs today. To help you make the switch, LPEA will reimburse you 50% of the pre-tax cost of an LED bulb, up to $8 per/bulb.
- Complete the form below. You will need to upload:
- Photo of the ‘lighting facts’ portion of the box for each type of light purchased.
- Copies or photos of the receipts for all purchases.
- Submit applications within 90 days of purchase.
- Installations must take place in LPEA’s service territory.
- Limit 50 bulbs per year per member.
- Minimum 500 lumens per/bulb. LED fixtures with multiple light sources are considered one fixture.
Applications typically take 8-10 weeks to process and are remitted as a bill credit.
Having trouble submitting your rebate? E-mail us at email@example.com.
Disposal of Retrofitted Bulbs
As a reminder, the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment (CDPHE) requires all lighting materials be recycled and disposed of properly. Many commonly used light bulbs contain small amounts of mercury and other metals, including fluorescent, compact fluorescent, high-pressure sodium, mercury vapor, and metal halide lamps.
Mercury-containing lamps generated by businesses and other non-household facilities, such as schools and government agencies, are regulated by the CDPHE as hazardous wastes. As such, these wastes must follow state hazardous waste regulations for proper management and disposal and cannot be disposed of in the trash. Doing so could result in a significant fine.
Local Bulb Recycling
- Home Depot Durango: (970) 259-7954
- Kroeger's Ace Hardware in Durango: (970) 247-0660
- Durango Recycle Center: (970) 375-5004, 710 Tech Center Drive
- Bright Ideas Bulb Recycling (513) 290-3379. The collection route is once a month.
- Safety Kleen: (800)323-5040. The collection route is two weeks.