Unfortunately, wildfire season has arrived early this year and it’s good to be as prepared as possible in the event your neighborhood is affected by a fire.
LPEA works closely with fire authorities and during evacuations, we may need to shut off power as a safety precaution. If this ever happens, we will notify members via text. If you are not sure if your contact information is up to date, now is a good time to double-check.
Here's how to get started:
- Text "TEXTLPEA" to 1-888-839-5732. If the message comes back that you are signed up, great! That means you are texting from a number listed on your LPEA account and you are signed up.
- If the message comes back that your number is not recognized, you will need to update your contact information in your LPEA account.
- ONLINE - Update your LPEA account information 24/7 by logging in to your account on SmartHub or contacting LPEA directly at 1-888-839-5732. Phone numbers and email are listed in the "Notification" section, under manage contacts. Please note that mobile numbers may be listed in any phone number field, regardless of how that field is labeled. The text alert system will recognize a mobile number in any field formatted for a phone number.
- EMAIL - Email firstname.lastname@example.org with up to three mobile numbers you'd like listed on your account. Be sure to provide the LPEA member’s name and account number in the email!
- BY PHONE - Call us at 1-888-839-5732.
Here are some additional resources you may find useful during emergency situations.
- La Plata County's Evacuation Notice Page
- FireMap: If you click on a fire, and then "Go to incident", it will pull up the latest information.
- Smoke/Wind map