Prepare for Solar
Before making the switch to solar energy, members should understand their energy use patterns and consider low-cost and easy-to-implement efficiency measures before switching to solar. Doing so will ensure you get the most bang for your buck once you do invest. Make sure the energy you make from solar is not wasted.
Discover all the ways to save energy and get money back through LPEA’s programs:
- Log on to SmartHub to explore and better understand your energy use patterns.
- Get a home energy audit to help you understand where your home is losing energy and what steps to take to improve the efficiency of your home. LPEA offers a $150 rebate for residential audits and a $300 rebate for commercial audits.
- Use your appliances and electronics more efficiently or consider investing in highly efficient products like Energy Star appliances, smart thermostats, load control devices, etc. LPEA’s appliance rebates can help you make the switch.
- Switch to energy-efficient lighting, such as LED light bulbs. LPEA’s lighting rebates can help you make the switch.
- Weatherize your space. If you use electricity to heat or cool your home, this will significantly impact the amount of solar energy you need. Weatherizing your home and installing more efficient heating and cooling technologies – like heat pumps – will reduce the amount of electricity you need to produce with solar.