High School Seniors – EmPOWERing Your Future
To encourage careers with rural electric cooperatives, LPEA is giving away two John Voelker Memorial Scholarships for high school graduating students. If you're going to a vocational school, technical school, junior college, or university in the U.S., this is for you! The scholarship pays for your tuition, fees, books, tools, and supplies. Each winner gets $5,000 a year for two years. Just make sure you are enrolled full-time and keep your grades up to stay qualified!
- You must be a high school graduate from any high school or a home school program or have attained your GED within LPEA's service territory, including Durango, Bayfield, Pagosa Springs, and Ignacio.
- Enroll as a first-year student at any accredited institution of higher education, including a vocational school, technical school, junior college, or university in the U.S. for the upcoming academic year.
- Your major or program must lead to a degree, certification, or license in your field of study and relate to a rural electric industry career.
- While enrolled, you must maintain a minimum of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale or equivalent grade point average and successfully complete a minimum of 15 academic credits each term.
Ready to apply? Here's What You'll Need to Complete the Application Below:
- A compelling 500-word essay detailing your college aspirations and how they align with a future at a rural electric cooperative association.
- Your high school transcript or equivalent evidence of academic success.
- A list of honors and/or extracurricular activities.
- Two letters of reference that can vouch for your character, dedication, and passion.
- The scholarship application will be available from December 1 to March 1.
- Join the Scholarship Information Webinar to learn tips for submitting a standout application in February.
- The selection committee will review applications in March. Winners will be notified in April.
Mark March 1 on your calendar. That's the last day to submit your application for consideration.