Electric Water Heater Rebates
LPEA offers rebates for both standard electric water heaters and for heat pumps water heaters, which can save you up to $500 a year in fuel costs compared to propane. LPEA recommends that customers request a walk-through energy assessment on homes where electricity is the primary water heating system.
Rebates vary based on the type of unit as follows:
$75 for Marathon water heaters, or any water heater with a lifetime tank warranty.
$55 for all other electric water heaters.
$700 for switching from a propane water heater to a hybrid heat pump water heater.
$550 for switching from an electric water heater to a hybrid heat pump water heater.
Up to $25 per timer installed, not to exceed 50% of material cost.
- Complete the form below and submit it to email@example.com along with:
- Proof of purchase and info/spec sheets for units installed.
- IRS W-9 form.
- Submit applications within 120 days of installation.
- Installations must take place in LPEA’s service territory.
- Unit must have a minimum 30-gallon capacity and a minimum 6-year tank warranty.
- Heat Pump Water Heaters must be Energy Star rated.
- LPEA reserves the right to inspect installations.
Applications typically take 8-10 weeks to process. Heat pump water heater rebates are remitted as a check. Standard electric water heater rebates are remitted as a bill credit.
Having trouble submitting your rebate? E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call Dennis McCarthy at (970) 382-3506.