LPEA’s Qualified Solar Installer Program
LPEA established a Qualified Solar Installers Program to provide a list of reputable solar installers to our members. Before being added to the list, installers must go through a vetting process to ensure they provide expert advice and quality service.
While you are welcome to choose whichever installer you prefer, we recommend your choose one of the professionals on this list. Doing so will help you avoid aggressive sales techniques, dishonesty, completion issues, code violations, no follow-up after project completion, and overall dissatisfaction in installer performance.
To become an LPEA Qualified Solar Installer, installers must:
- Be NABCEP certified professionals. The North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) is the most respected, well-established, and widely recognized national certification organization for professionals in the field of renewable energy.
- Have been in business for at least 12 months under the same leadership, corporate name, and business license.
- Have completed LPEA’s Qualified Solar Installer Training.
- Have successfully completed two or more projects in our area in the last 12 months (with no issues).
- Have not received more than two written complaints in the last 12 months from LPEA’s members; and has no unresolved written correction requests from LPEA.
- Have signed LPEA’s Ethics Pledge, committing them to conduct their business with integrity, honesty, quality, and with environmental, social, and financial responsibility.
- Carry liability insurance of $1,000,000.
- Have company logos on company vehicles and workers’ uniforms.
If you are a solar installer and would like to become an LPEA’s Qualified Solar Installer, please contact LPEA at firstname.lastname@example.org
LPEA's Qualified Solar Installers